Women's Soccer USA

Coverage of women's soccer in the US. If it's not here...it's not important...

August 25, 2008

WPS 2009

For the first time since the WUSA folded in 2003, veterans of the U.S. team will face off against each other.
Some players don't have preferences. Some do.

"I would like to go back home," says New Jersey defender Christie Rampone. "It would be my first preference, but we'll see what happens."

"Definitely Chicago," says defender Kate Markgraf. "(Team president Peter Wilt) actually lives like four blocks away from me. I've stayed away because I don't want it to be weird."

"I live in Boston," says versatile player Angela Hucles. "I really like it there, but we'll see what happens."

"I haven't really thought about it in the last couple of weeks, but obviously Los Angeles," says midfielder Shannon Boxx.

"L.A., baby," says Solo.